Friday, February 10, 2017

Beautiful Words // February

Life Ain't Always Beautiful 
Sung by Gary Allan 

Life ain't always beautiful,
Sometimes it's just plain hard.
Life can knock you down, 
it can break your heart. 

Life ain't always beautiful,
You think you're on your way
And it's just a dead end road 
At the end of the day 

But the struggles make you stronger 
and the changes make you wise.
And happiness has it's own way 
Of takin' it's sweet time. 

No, life ain't always beautiful,
Tears will fall sometimes.
Life ain't always beautiful 
But it's a beautiful ride. 

Life ain't always beautiful, 
some days I miss your smile.
I get tired of walkin' 
all these lonely miles. 

And I wish for just one minute 
I can see your pretty face.
Guess, I can dream
But life don't work that way. 

But the struggles make me stronger
and the changes make me wise.
And happiness has it's own way
Of takin' it's sweet time.

No, life ain't always beautiful,
but I know I'll be fine.
Life ain't always beautiful
but it's a beautiful ride.


What a beautiful ride.



I'm not gonna lie to you guys. Life hasn't been beautiful for me or my family. But this song brought me some comfort.
Life ain't always beautiful. But God's in control.

The second verse has always made me think of my grandma.

"... some days I miss your smile. I get tired of walkin' all these lonely miles. And I wish for just one minute I can see your pretty face. Guess, I can dream but life don't work that way...." 

When I was growing up I had a grandma who had cancer, and when I was seven -- going on eight-- she died. I still miss her. I wish I could've hugged her more. Wouldn't have been afraid of her. And I wish I had as many memories of her as my older siblings.

"But the struggles make me stronger..." 

This time right now is hard. Makes me miss Grandma even more. I wish she was here to wipe away the tears, and hug away the pain.

But God's got this. We'll make it through. And in the end we'll be stronger than ever.

"No, Life ain't always beautiful. But I know I'll be fine. 
Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride..." 






P.S. The pictures are from last night. When I opened the window, seen the moon, and felt the breeze -- in that moment I felt peace.

19 comments:

  1. Ah, those words ARE beautifully true! I like that- "life ain't always beautiful but it's a beautiful ride". :)

    (I like the moon picture! =D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are true and beautiful. I sure haven't had a beautiful life these days. :)

      Thanks! =D

      Delete
  2. I love you Daminika! <3 Keep your eyes on Jesus and YES we WILL all be fine!! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will never hear that song the same again....Love you! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe! I hope I didn't ruin the song for you!
      Love you too!! <3 (and I "hugged" everyone else, so you get some too ;P)

      Delete
  5. <3 Air hug, since I don't give you actual hugs... *looks at the ceiling*
    LOL ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." John 16:33 Love you, Daminika!

    ReplyDelete