Friday, October 7, 2016

Hello, October - My Friend!

It's October, y'all! =D This month marks the beginning of my favorite time of year - the end.

This month I will turn seventeen. And next month is November - Thanksgiving!! And you all know what comes after that. ;P Christmas! Then New Years...

Well, anyway - so I have something to look forward to every month till the end of the year!

My birthday is getting closer and closer - and it doesn't really feel like it should be. I don't think I should be seventeen already. Wasn't it just last year that I was fifteen? ;P Well, at this moment - last year - I was fifteen. Turning sixteen. My birthday last year was crazy busy because we were moving into the house we now live in. We would come down here everyday and paint, clean, and move some stuff. The day of my birthday we didn't come here until after supper. 
That night we went "home" and watched "McGyver". We had never watched that show before - and haven't since. ;)
And my birthday was over. I thought my sisters and friends didn't care that I turned sixteen. They just went about their normal lives - or so I thought. Little did I know that behind my back they we being sneaky and planning the biggest party anyone of us had ever thrown.
I did a post about that. (with a lame title ;P)They are still proud of themselves. ;P
And I had no idea! At one point I mentioned the small surprise party we went to for our cousin, Kaysha, to Emily and she didn't even get a funny look on her face! And I thought, "Obviously, they're not planning one for me..." But they were - the little turds! I was so sad that nobody cared about my sweet sixteen! (Well, I actually seen a text from Kimberly mentioning something about a party, but when nothing happened I thought they changed their minds)
At the party Marissa said, "You're the last one in our group to turn sixteen - how could we not do something amazing?" (okay, so that might not have been her exact words, but that was her point ;P)
And every time we talk about doing something "cool", Kirsten says, "Like your party, Daminika? That was awesome!" I think they loved it even more than I did - and that was a lot. ;P Maybe if I had planned it and who ever I was planning it for had no idea and had everything turned out - I'd be real proud of it too ;P
That really was great of them! I had no idea I was that important to them!! (and I'm not just saying that - I've always struggled with feeling like a "string along" because I'm younger than them all)

This year, I don't expect anything cool - so, dear friends, don't freak after reading this. You don't have to do anything for me this year! You spent way too much time and money on me last year. Kirsten even drove four hours just to come to the party!! I never felt so loved before.
I have learned that life is what you make it. So, if I just go out to eat with my parents at a 50s Diner (or Olive Garden - I haven't decided for sure which) I'd be content. No matter what happens I want to make this an amazing birthday! =D

Each year my family has a "Fall Party" (or some of us call it "Harvest Party"). We get together, play games, eat food, and some of us dress up. Last year I was a 1950s teen - well, in my mind I was Mary Ellen Rogers from "Leave it to Beaver". ;P
Me with my sisters - they were both 1940s
This year (if we get around to having it) I was thinking of being Izzy Pettibone from "Road to Avonlea". What do you all think? Should I try to pull it off? Or is that too boring? But! I would need a hat!! Where would I get a hat like that? It wouldn't be Izzy if I didn't have it.

Thanksgiving is always amazing! I love the warm feeling of family gathering around to celebrate all that God has given them. Not to mention the good food. ;P Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy... and some eat stuffing. *wrinkles nose* Maybe I'm crazy but I'm not much for apple and raisins... I may not eat it, but if anyone makes it any other way I'm like, "What!!?" Which makes no sense. ha, ha! =D
"Our stuffing is gross... You make it different? You're weird!" ;P

And then comes Christmas! I love the secrets of who's getting who what. ;P And where they hid it in the house. And I love soft lights of the Christmas tree at night. And the wonderful smell the stove and tree give off. And Christmas music fills the house! (it's not Christmas without John Denver or Reba ;P)

But before all of this - we have October! With the wonderful rain it brings!! <3

I guess I was just in a chatty mood! I hope you all have a wonderful fall - my favorite season. :)


21 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading this! :)

    I hope we can have a Harvest Party this year. Dressing up old-fashioned would be so fun! :D

    And you're right- there's so much to look forward to at the end of the year! And the cool weather is great too. But it's SOOO hot today! Ugh. I think it's going to cool off again, which is good! :D

    I hope you have a great birthday when it comes! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

      I hope we do too! Especially if I can find a hat and be Izzy. ;P

      I hope it cools down again over there! I don't like heat very much.

      Thanks! =D

      Delete
    2. I've never watched "Road to Avonlea". It looks interesting. :)

      It was really cold this morning! Me and my mom got up really early to go garage- saling with friends. But then it got hot. :P I got some awesome things though!! I'm going to post about it. ;D

      Delete
    3. Oh you should watch it! It's a great show! =D

      If you have a Harvest Party, will you dress up?

      That's awesome that it was cold! I can't wait to see the things you got! I haven't been garage-saling in years!

      Delete
  2. Hooray for fall! :D Hooray for Christmas! ;) And yes, your birthday was amaaaaaazing, and I am so glad we were able to pull it off. :) I am so low on funds this year, I hope you don't expect much for Christmas... It's such a sad feeling to be broke ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't expect much from anyone this year. ;P

      Delete
  3. Oh dear! Wish we could do another amazing party! But alas! I'm broke this year. ;) LOL

    Ish! Why that picture of the Fall Party?!

    This is my favorite time of year too <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also! We could look in old town for a hat?? Izzy would be neat!

      Delete
    2. Yeah my party was great! But I'm broke too... too many vacations this year, huh? ;P

      Because you are beautiful in it!! and it was the only pic I could find that you could sorta see my outfit. ;P

      Yes! Let's go look!! I actually thought of that! ... when I have money. :)

      Delete
  4. Isn't it a wonderful time of year? Happy sigh... I didn't realize how much I love the rain until recently! :)
    I love our stuffing! But I like raisins...and apples. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! *Sighs with you*
      Our stuffing is gross ;P

      Delete
    2. Don't jump all over me, sister! *I* don't have to like it ;P

      Delete
  5. Fall/Winter is such a cozy time of year. It always brings me back to being a little girl and the dreaming I did pretending to live Laura Ingalls life. :) and I LOVE our stuffing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. haha! wouldn't it look like paper? ;P
      But if all else fails I'll try that ;)

      Delete
  7. I have a 50's record player, their music is so much clearer, isn't it?
    Vintage stuff! Retro! YES. 1800's & 1950's ;)
    Following!
    -Mic from Mic's Room (http://lovelypinkduckshome.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a record player too. :) Yes, I love their music! =D
      Yes! I love vintage and retro stuff! :)
      Thanks for following! Now I can check out your blog! :D

      Delete
  8. It's almost your birthday! Happy early birthday!

    ReplyDelete