Saturday, September 17, 2016

Takin' Trips Down Memory Lane

The other day I was looking through all the pictures I took a few years back. We sure did have some good times back then. Back when Evelyn was a little "baby" and the center of our lives. The little two-year-old was so full of funny remakes. Ooh! You should've heard how she would say "Mark McCain"! It was so cute! (At the time , I was obsessed with the TV show - The Rifleman ;P)
Back when I would make up "Mark and Ruby" stories at night - telling LaKaysha what was happening. (based off the TV show - only we made up a lot of the characters ;P) She would add her own little remarks as the story went on. I'll never forget one time. I was telling a story - Mark was talking to some girl who was annoying or something -  LaKaysha said, "And he picks her up and throws her overboard! ... I guess they're on a ship? I just make these up as I go along."
We had a good laugh over that one. ;P During the day, LaKaysha would draw the stories out on paper. It was so fun! Those sister moments. <3
Back when we made the long road trip to my great-grandpa's funeral. It was wet. Cold. And I hated every minute we were on the road, but loved every minute in New Hampshire. Hanging out with cousins that I didn't really know. Going to the cemetery in the middle of the night just for fun. Eating free pizza because we got there after they were closed and they gave the leftovers from the day. ;P We went "home" (Grandpa and Grandma's) at eleven and it was way too soon for me. ;P
Back when I had long, beautiful hair! Which I miss so-o much! Arg! Why did it have to start falling out!? I can't wait till it grows back! (hopefully it'll come in healthy ;P)
Back when we would go to Burgerville after church and buy, like, eight milkshakes! =D
 Such fun days. ;P

All ready to go Christmas Caroling. Just waiting for Colten to pick us up.

 Goofing off on New Years... my parents were in bed. ;P
 
 Heading to Baker City to help our aunt and uncle move... I ended up getting sick that trip.
 
 Monkeying around with Hadassah. =D
 
Riding in the back of my dad's "cool" pickup - listening to Gary Allen and drinking Burgerville shakes.

A spur-of-the-moment trip to the ice cream shop. It was cold outside. Not sure if you can tell. ;P
This trip was all because Colten wanted ice cream. He couldn't drive, though - he had just had surgery. So Felicity drove my parents van. With all us in the back - me squealing about who-knows-what and singing along with the radio. Back when I actually knew the songs on the radio ;P
 
Teaching Evelyn how to sing, "Meet me in St. Louis, Louis..."

See what I mean!? Look at that hair!!
And all those cowboys on our mirror... miss my patriotic/western room!

Me and my Tootsie-Roll, again. Why did she have to grow up!?
(like four is so old ;P)

Burgerville anyone? ;P

Chillin' on a random Sunday, after church. :)

Little Evelyn cleaning Great-Grandma's gravestone.
What a cutie!!! <3
Blinded from the sunrise as we drive to NH

Finally there! Oh it was joyful! ;D

My dad up on the stage with his cousins - singing after his grandpa's funeral.
Hangin' with DaNita in NH

Aww! Look how big my room was! We could actually play a game on the floor!

Babysitting little cousins :) They were so little!

One of LaKaysha's "Mark and Ruby" drawings - their wedding ;P
(She's drawn MANY of this scene)

A random drawing a drew back then.

Me being a weirdo. I was running and trying to use the rope to pull myself onto that little house. Yeah... that's hard! And when I finally got it someone snapped a picture of me rejoicing ;P 

Heading home from the mall. Marita driving and drinking her Mocha Blast =D
(Hey, Marita look what car you are driving!)

10 comments:

  1. Aw, it looks like you have some good memories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I miss those days! We sure had some fun times! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! You lived with us during this time!! How could I forget? ;P

      Delete
  3. Wow! I can't believe you put that AWFUL picture of me on your blog for all the world to see! ;) Wasn't it fun to get ice cream when it was nice and cold out? Good memories! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What awful picture!?
      Are you talking about the one on New Years? Cause, girl, we ALL look awful! ;P

      Delete