A room that you have to walk out the back door, into a small room where we store food overflow, into a storage room full of boxes and books and old toys, before you finally find it. A bedroom that used to be a section of my dad's shop.
A room where:
- We have more stuff than space.
- I play music way too loud making LaKaysha annoyed.
- The ceiling looks like it's about to cave in any minute, but it was actually built that way - by someone who owned the house in the past, not my dad.
- We tend to fight, because what sisters don't?
- We take hours to get ready to go somewhere (when possible) just because the process is so fun.
- We stay up way too late laughing, reading, and pondering life.
- Most the clothes and shoes are mine, while most the makeup, lotion, and other girly things are LaKaysha's.
- At night you hear noises that are named Goober. Goober is some animal who lives in the attic, the walls, and even the storage room just outside our door. And if I ever find him in my room...
- LaKaysha doesn't have a dresser, and hides her clothes somewhere. Any guesses?
- we don't have a CD player, but I do have a record player.
- I hide a stash of candy and other junk food.
- LaKaysha creates beautiful drawings and I... sleep?
- There are about 16 outlets, and they're all halfway up the wall. #annoying
- half the room is lit by one light, and the other half lit by another - with separate switches on opposite sides of the room.
- We dance and lip sync a lot.
- Clothes are shared.
- The floor is blue, but was supposed to be gray.
- The walls are pink but that wasn't by choice.
- Someday we're gonna put flooring down, fix the ceiling, and cover the walls with fake shiplap. and maybe have covers for all the outlets. *laughs*
- secrets are shared.
- coffee is drank.
- and sibling-friendship grows.
imagine new bedding, a bed, crates stood up for nightstands...