Thursday, May 4, 2017

Top Ten Adorable Couples // Swoonsville



Haven't done a 'top ten' post in a while. Why not do one now? And nothing gets more fun than sharing adorable couples with people! Picking ten is gonna be hard, but I think I can do it.
The trouble is -- do I want to do top ten real-life couples? Movie couples? Book couples? What!? Or just my top ten couples in general?


I think I shall do "couples in general".


Now to pick ten of them! This is gonna be really hard -- as I've said. I'm gonna have to rack my brain for adorable couples I've seen in my life. And I may not be able to think that much. I mean there's Disney couples, TV show couples, real-life couples.....*laughs* But here goes nothing...


Welcome to Swoonsville.








// Frankie Avalon + His Wife
When I heard that Frankie Avalon was married once, and is still married to her, I was like, ahhh!!! That doesn't happen often in the Hollywood world. And with their "million" kids, how adorable can you get? They are just so cute! Even though I know pretty much nothing about them. *winks*






// Felix King and Izzy Pettibone of Road to Avonlea
Oh, Felix and Izzy!! *dreamy eyes*
I seriously love these two! I used to watch whole forty-five minute episodes of Road to Avonlea just to see a two second scene of Felix making eyes at Izzy. *laughs* I am still mad that their romance gets cut off when the shows ends, but we still have all the adorable episodes about them. *hearts* When I was younger, I didn't like Felix much, I just loved Izzy and so they were my favorite couple in the show. (Gus can still melt my heart, though) But as I watched and re-watched all the episodes about them. Felix grew on me too. Especially in season seven. *winks*






// Tyrel and Drusilla Sackett of Louis L'Amour's The Daybreakers
These two melt me! I can hardly read The Daybreakers without becoming a puddle on the floor! *hearts* The book being through Tyrel's eyes makes it oh that much cuter. He's so sweet!!! And the fact that he's eighteen and she's fifteen when they meet makes them just even more adorable, I could die! And when he says, "I love the Senorita". *can't talk anymore -- I'm butter*
I see Dru as a small, Spanish Senorita with beautiful black hair. Yet, you can see the Irish come through. So pretty!
And Tye? Well, duh, he's the cutest cowboy that ever walked! With the cutest heart to go with his good looks! *winks* He actually dresses like a Spanish Vaquero with some of his American outfit mixed in, later in the book, and can you just imagine how adorable he must be!? *dies*






//Roy Rogers and Dale Evens Rogers
The cutest Hollywood couple ever! They were so in love, and they raised their kids together, while making a million other kids happy! They were just.... just.... *at loss for words by their cuteness*






//Bud Anderson and Joyce of Father Knows Best
*sighs* Bud. He's so sweet, and I believe that he marries Joyce, despite what the reunion movies may say. Joyce is perfect for him. She sticks by him through his mistakes, and they are just so in love. *hearts* Joyce is sweet and kind, with her pretty smile, and lovely voice. Not to mention her gorgeous dresses. *winks* The picture I have here for her is actually just the actress (Roberta Shore) in a western. I couldn't find anything else and I thought this picture was cute -- even though she does look somewhat different in Father Knows Best. *winks*
My favorite episode about them would probably be the one from season six. When they are going to collage and Bud thinks he's in love with his French teacher. *winks* And when he realizes Joyce is the one for him... *melts* Those eyes!







//Johannes and Meghan Verne of Louis L'Amour's The Lonesome Gods
Louis L'Amour sure knew how to make his couples just the cutest things ever. And if someone knows how to say Johannes's name, please let me know! He's half Spanish, so that will explain the name to you. *winks* And he's so in love with Meghan! From the very first day she walked into the schoolroom, he knew she was the one for him. Then... he's being chased into the desert, and she realizes that she would just die if she never saw him again. What does the crazy girl in love do? She runs into the desert to find the love of her life. A horrible decision, really. But she gets saved. I can't tell you who saves her cause that would spoil everything. But when she finally finds Johannes... *hearts*
On their journey home, more trouble comes their way and he has to send her off while he stays behind to fight. And you know what she says?
"But I love you!"
It's his reply that gets me every time.
"And I love you, but let's live to enjoy it! Now go!"
*sighs*





//Annie and Marty of Miss Annie Rooney
 I love this movie! I'm so sad that Netflix no longer has it. (or didn't last I knew)
It is so cute and funny and just wonderful. Shirley Temple and Dickie Moore are so cute in it! They did a wonderful job! I love how this movie shows the life style for the teens of the 1940s.
Such an adorable couple from an adorable movie! *hearts*



//Ariel and Eric of Disney's The Little Mermaid
 *giggles* I don't even know why I love these two so much. I haven't watched this in forever. But Eric has always been my favorite prince *hearts*
and of course I had to have at least one Disney couple on this list. *winks*



//Jim and Jessica of The Man From Snowy River
 *squeals* *dies* *melts* *and is otherwise in love with this movie*
Oh Jim!!!!! How you love Jessica. *hearts* And your accent!!!
guys. If you haven't watched this movie, sorry, but we can't be friends. *winks* Jim and Jessica are the cutest things ever, and when he saves her... *melts*
"Jessica!!! Jess!!!!" *Australian accent*
And. The below picture would also be perfect for Johannes and Meghan. But LaKaysha said you would all know it was The Man from Snowy River so of course I just put it here, but, I just had to mention how perfect it would be for those two. That may be Jessica and Jim down there with their "colt", but it very much looks like Meghan and Johannes with his black horse. *nods*




//Landon and Jamie of A Walk to Remember
 Can I cry? They are so sweet, and their story is so sad! *sobs* I can't even look at these pictures without remembering the horrible sadness of the movie.
"You are my angel." *sobs into LaKaysha's shoulder*





So there you have my list of random and adorable couples.


Did you have a wonderful time in Swoonsville? Come back soon!! *waves*

Do you agree with my list?
Love any of these cute people?

16 comments:

  1. I LOVE Roy and Dale, Jim and Jessica, Bud and Joyce, and Felix and Izzy! I enjoyed this so much! <333 (Roy and Dale should be on the top) ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should they? *smug look*
      Actually, these are (basically) just in the order that I thought of 'em. *winks*

      Delete
  2. Ah yes, Jim and Jessica would probably be my favorite here. Although Tyrel, haha, that's where I got his name from, watching Sackett soooo long ago! Over 25 years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't watched The Sackett's in a LONG time. (but not as long as you, obviously *laughs*) I love Tyrel's name!! Always have. *winks* If it wasn't for the fact that YOU have a Tyrel, it would totally be on my baby names list. ;P
      Oh, btw - the book is 100x better than the movie (which is why I don't have a picture of Tyrel and Dru from the movie) *winks*

      Delete
  3. Ahh loved this!! You chose some great ones :D

    Sophy

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVED! <3
    Roy and Dale, Tyrel and Dru, Jim and Jessica, Johannes and Meghan! EEEE! <3 *heart is in a puddle*
    Landon and Jamie break my heart in two... :( *sniff

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only know some of these but I definitely agree they are all adorable:) Jim and Jessica, Bud and Joyce are the ones I know mostly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aren't they all just the cutest!? *laughs*
      Jim and Jessica, Bud and Joyce - some of the bestest ;P

      Delete
  6. Fun post! Swoonsville is the best. ;P
    Tyrel and Drusilla are the only couples on here that I know. They're cute. ;)
    Uh, *cough* no, I haven't watched "The Man from Snowy River". Possibly a clip of it, idk. I think we used to have it but they probably didn't let me watch it because I was "too little". ;P I'd like to watch it though! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! =D it's amazing ;P
      Wait! You don't even know Eric and Ariel!? Tyrel and Dru are just WAY TOO CUTE!!!! *dies*
      What!!?? Okay, I guess I'll have to make an exception and still be friends with you. ;P but, really, you need to watch it! I've watched it my whole life. When we were little, we fast forwarded one part, and I never really understood what was going on. All I knew was Jim was amazing, and Clancy was AMAZING. ;D then I watched it when I was older and I understood everything and I was like, in love with it. It's also REALLY WELL MADE, and I just love movies that are really well made ;D
      Maybe someday, you'll come visit, and we'll have a sleepover and stay up all night watching cool movies. Like "The Man From Snowy River" and "Father Knows Best" *nods* this so needs to happen. ;P

      Delete
  7. LOVE Road to Avonlea! Awwww

    Hailey
    www.haileyhudson.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You watch it too!!!??? I've never found anyone other my family that does!
      It's one of my favorites!!!

      Delete
  8. Felix and Izzy are awesome! Gus and Aunt Eliza are my favorite characters, but for couples, Feliz and Izzy take first place! (And then Janet and Alec... because Janet hilariously mother hen-ish, and Alec is so gentle with all the ridiculous people in his family, hahaha...)
    Blessings in Christ,
    Bri from forget-not-his-benefits.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FELIX AND IZZY ARE TOTALLY MY FAVORITE COUPLE!! on Road to Avonlea anyway. ;P And oh how I love Aunt Eliza <3 She's so sweet and wise! Oh yes! I love Janet and Alec too!! And Clive and Muriel. <333333
      It's so wonderful to find another Road to Avonlea fan who loves Felix and Izzy. Most people I know like Felicity and Gus best. But my favorite has always been Felix and Izzy. <333

      Delete