Monday, May 15, 2017

Beautiful Words // May


Humble and Kind 
Sung by Tim McGraw 

You know there's a light that glows by the front door
Don't forget the keys under the mat
Childhood stars shine
Always stay humble and kind 

Go to church 'cause your mama says to
Visit Grandpa every chance that you can 
It won't be a waste of time
Always stay humble and kind 

Hold the door, say please, say thank you
Don't steal, don't cheat and don't lie
I know you got mountains to climb but
Always stay humble and kind

When the dreams you're dreamin' come to you
When the work you put in is realized
Let yourself feel the pride, but
Always stay humble and kind

Don't expect a free ride from no one 
Don't hold a grudge or a chip and here's why
Bitterness keeps you from flyin'
Always stay humble and kind

Know the difference between sleepin' with someone 
And sleepin' with someone you love 
I love you ain't no pick up line, so
Always stay humble and kind 

Hold the door, say please, say thank you
Don't steal, don't cheat and don't lie
I know you got mountains to climb but
Always stay humble and kind

When those dreams you're dreamin' come to you
When the work you put in is realized
Let yourself feel the pride, but
Always stay humble and kind

When it's hot, eat a Root Beer Popsicle 
Shut off the AC and roll the windows down
Let the summer sun shine
Always stay humble and kind 

Don't take for granted the love this life gives you 
When you get where you're goin' don't forget to turn back around
Help the next one in line 
Always stay humble and kind 

******************************************************

Hey everyone!  I am on vacation, and most likely having a wonderful time! *winks* Since this is scheduled, I wrote it before I left to New Hampshire.
But I am going to be able to reply to your comments on my phone, so comment away! *laughs*


What do you think of this song? Ever heard it?


I love it! With all those weird country songs coming out these days, Tim McGraw really made me happy with this one. *grins*



10 comments:

  1. I don't think I've heard this song, but it has nice words! :)
    I hope you're having a wonderful trip! (got your letter today, btw ;) )
    We're buying a house, and it's going to be ours tomorrow! :D We have a lot of work to do on it, and packing up and all, but we'll finally be in our own house. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really pretty too. ;P
      Oh I am!! I laughed so much last night! We actually went and hung out for the first time since being here. Ran all over the place - Shell, Grassy Pond, "Home"... And even more places. XD (ooh!! Can't wait to get your reply!!!)
      REALLY!!??? that's so awesome!!! Moving can be so fun, despite all the hard work. ;P how big is your house? How many bathrooms? (After living with one bathroom, staying at Grandma's is amazing! There's three here!!!) I'd love to see pictures of it! I know how it feels to finally have a real house that's all yours! We lived in rentals a few times in my life. The worst was probably the one we lived in before buying the house we have now. Sure felt good to move out xP

      Delete
  2. Love this song 💗 it's got such good words and it's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup I heard it before! LOVE IT! Oh I can't wait till you come home! It has been pretty quiet without you guys... MISSING YOU!!! <3333333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww!! Still two more weeks :) you can do it. ;) *whispers* miss you too

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. That's all you say 'cause you can't stand Tim McGraw ;P

      Delete