Saturday, April 1, 2017

A Peek Inside My World // Memories

Memories -

-of swimming at Grandpa and Grandma's (W). The water was so cold that our lips would turn blue, and I was so scared nobody was aloud to splash while I was in the pool -- and nobody was happy about that. We'd swim when the water was green, we'd swimming when the water was fresh. There was no ladder most of the time, so we'd get picked up to the edge, and there we'd sit -- trying to see who was the bravest. Who would go in first. And if somebody touched me, I thought I would fall in, and start to cry. It's like when you're in a tree, and somebody walks under you and grabs your ankle. *screams* DON'T TOUCH ME! *laughs at the memory of Colten's reply, "how do you want me to help you down!?*

-of waiting at the airport for our flight, eating snacks, looking out the windows watching the planes come in, playing in the plane that was there when I was kid.... Tyrel was always the pilot.
me and DaNita 

-of walking around Walmart for the first time, having no idea where we're going when BAM, there's Hunter Hayes' face on a poster... *blink blink* "THAT'S Hunter Hayes!? If I didn't know better I'd say Austin lives a double life..." How can two people look so much alike!? (Austin is my cousin for all you people who don't know ;P)

-of waiting and waiting for the big kids to be done watching their movie while at the ranch. Then when they finally get off and we try to go watch a movie Grandpa says no... "But Grandma said yes!" - "Grandma always says yes." LOL! Love you, "Papa"!! <33
Me and "Papa Jon" *laughs cause I never call him that he's, Grandpa thanks*

-when we had a gallon of licorice, we were home alone, it was raining outside, Marissa was starting a fire with pine-cones making it cozy inside, we were watching "Pendragon", when suddenly Kimberly slaps the counter and yells, "WHERE'S MY LICORICE!!??" and were realized we ate the whole gallon... *blink blink*
me and Lando at the ranch

-of being in New Hampshire in the winter and the snow was so deep I couldn't walk because I'd fall through to my waste, and one time I did and couldn't get up. I sat there all day, watched the kids play around me, and when it was dark and they all went in I started screaming. My mom and dad sent tiny little LaKaysha out to get me and my leg had been in the snow so long it froze there. I cried and cried, LaKaysha  pulled and pulled, and finally we got it out. *shudders*

-I used to switch movie cases around because we were all too young to read, so when we wanted to watch "Robin Hood" it would be "The Sound of Music" and everyone would groan, "DAMINIKA!!?" *laughs at the memory of my silly giggle -- which I sometimes still have if you get me to giggle just right*

-I also would put all the marshmallows from the Lucky Charms into the Cocoa-Puff box to confuse people. Why I liked to trick everyone, idk.

-of playing Hang-Man in the basement of my aunt and uncle's, crowded on the couch, and laughing our heads off with those cousins that we hadn't seen in years. They still make me laugh. ;P

-of being a flower girl in Auntie Mary's wedding and getting my picture taken with Cousin Laban.
me and Laban

-of "hanging out" for the first time in NH, we went to Shell and got free pizza, then we went to get gas, and a cousin flings the car door open just as Roger pulls up by us and WHACK!! Then we take off to walk around the cemetery in the dark, when we get there we realize that she never put the gas cap back on and it flew off on our way over there. So we all jump back in the cars and retrace our tracks, driving real slow looking all over the road, and yes we found it. *winks*

-us kids, "Can we watch a movie?" 
-Grandma or a mom, "A short one"
-us kids *weighs the VHS in our hands* "This one's lighter, we can watch it." 
(and if you don't believe me that this works, try weighing a VHS version of "The Sound of Music" and an episode of "The Lucy Show" or some other 25 min. TV show -- you can feel the difference)

-when you used to jump off a window to "fly" and you then see the window again and it's like two feet tall... How did I even stand up in that!?
Me and "Grandpa Corn"

-dropping stuffed animals down a vent at Grandpa and Grandma's (S) because it just opened up into the basement.

-of playing school "Above-the-Garage" at Grandpa's

-of watching movies (such as "Wild Hearts Can't be Broken", "Father Murphey", or "Little House on the Prairie") in Chet and Carla's bedroom -- on their big, fluffy bed or slippery hope-chest at the foot of the bed.  *laughs*

-of drawing a chalk town with all those awesome cousins.

-when your phone is on the foot of the bed and LaKaysha crawls into bed, kicks your phone and it falls between the wall and bed... once somethings down there you ain't ever gonna get it. So I freak out, LaKaysha laughs and pulls the covers over her head, I have to drag her out of bed, "YOU are getting that!!" we got some wood from the shop that was like 10 feet long and awkwardly try to drag my phone out. We got it magically. *laughs*

-believing that if you went into the slide at McDonald's you'd end up either being bitten by a rattlesnake or dying from some deadly disease. *shrugs* and we don't have rattlesnakes here

-LaKaysha "break dancing" in the snow in front of our great uncle's house. *shacks head*

-Felicity's reaction when she realizes that the guy she saw at the store didn't just look like an actor. *nods*

-of laying in the hammock, pillows and blankets all around, kitty snuggled up by me, and reading Mandie books. Sometimes LaKaysha would join me and we'd take turns reading aloud, laughing as we do voices and ad-libbing. *laughs at the things we'd say*

Duh, I have many more memories, but this post is long enough I think. *winks* 



22 comments:

  1. Aw, that first picture's so cute! ;)

    Haha, the ones about you tricking people... ;P Did you do any April Fool's tricks today? ;P Me and some of my little sisters tried to do something... nobody really did the right things to notice what we did. Although my brother didn't think tape on the door knob was too unusual. lol. I put it so the sticky side was facing up. My pathetic tricks. I also put tape over the sink spout so it squirted up when it turned on. ;P They should have done it so our prank would've worked out!

    Anyhow, I talked too long. ;P

    Fun memories! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! That's actually by background on my phone. ;P

      I was an interesting child. haha! ;P No, I didn't. The only person who got pranked in our family was Felicity -- the night before. ;P I did think about texting something to Kirsten, but couldn't think of anything real good. Your pranks sound funny! LOL! XD

      *grins cause, you did not*

      yep! =D

      Delete
    2. Oh, well I'm glad you don't think they're pathetic, haha. ;P Shantelle and Serena actually DID fall into my faucet prank, eventually. ;P It wasn't all wasted. I actually got pranked by it too- it backfired! LOL!

      *Oh, thanks, I'm glad* :D

      Delete
    3. Oh... why did I put that last statement inside asterisks? ;P

      Delete
    4. No, I didn't think they were pathetic. ;P They did!? Bahahahahaha!!!!
      It backfired!? That's way too funny!!! XD

      Delete
    5. I have no idea. *is laughing over here*

      Delete
  2. Lol! You are one silly duck! I LOVED every minute of this! <333

    ReplyDelete
  3. The McDonald's slide, hahahahahaha!:):):):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right!?!??!? hahahahahahaha!!!!! XD

      Delete
  4. Haha!! This was SUCH fun to read! I loved swimming at Grandpa and Grandma's! One time I was the only one left sitting on the edge and everyone was trying to get me in, but I just refused. They splashed me, but it didn't work. Then they told me I had a bee on me. I didn't believe them at first, but they insisted...That did the trick. ;) I never quite knew if there really was a bee of not...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it! XP
      Hahahahaha!! You never know with this family.... probably never was a bee! *laughs* XD

      Delete
  5. You know I was the one who started calling him 'Papa'. *Looks very smug.*
    You switching the movies! Ugh, I could have strangled you except you were too adorable when you giggled. Lol
    Sweet, sweet memories. :) 💖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sure, take all the credit.
      oh hahahahahhahahahahaha!!!! XD

      Delete
  6. It was hilarious watching you girls trying to get your phone out with your board as long as the bedroom!! I was dying *laughs*

    ReplyDelete