Tuesday, March 7, 2017

The Songs, Movies, and Books Tag


Today, we have yet another tag to do. *winks*

Natasha @ Looking Through My Lens tagged me for The Songs, Movies, and Books Tag.
This sounds like fun, but also hard. I'm gonna have to put my thinking cap on for this one. *winks*

1) A song that describes you in some way

Oh boy! Um... this is hard.

I'm just gonna say That's Old Fashioned by The Everly Brothers 

I guess because I agree with the song and it's from my favorite time era so that should count towards describing me in some way. *winks*

2) A movie that inspires you 

I don't know!! *thinking real hard*

I'm just gonna go with October Baby.

3) A book that the main character is like you 

I'm gonna say the same as Natasha! *laugh* When I seen this tag on other blogs, I was answering the questions in my head, and I was gonna use this answer before I seen Natasha's, so don't think I'm trying to copy her. *winks*

Debbie from Love Me Tender. Or her younger sister *laughs*

4) A song that you love 

Goodness! I love a lot! But what song do I want to use for my answer??
Ooh! Rock and Roll Yodeling Guy by Roberta Shore!
I love the way she adds yodeling into the rock and roll style. *winks* And the only other person that I think can yodel better than Roberta Shore is Roy Rogers. *giggles*

And can I break the rules and say one more?

The Dash by Scotty Mcreery 


5) A movie that you love

Are you kidding me!? Just one!? Gonna have to think about this one...

Let's say Meet Me In St. Louis.
It's such a sweet musical and love story!

6) A book you love 

Uh. Love Me Tender of course!
But I will say one more so you guys don't get annoyed with me for talking about that book so much. *winks*

The Lonesome Gods by Louis L'Amour. I haven't finished it, but whatever. *winks*

7) A song you do not like 

Strawberry Wine by Deane Carter
So. Annoying.

8) A movie you do not like

Shenandoah. I watched this in NH with Kirsten. And. I bugged me so bad! The plot was like -- "if only!!!" You know how it is. *winks* 
But the main thing that bugged me was the fact that, the son? yeah. HE HAD NO NAME! And you expect me to okay with this!? When you're running around saying things like, "The Boy is gone." "We need to find The Boy!" "Where have you taken My Boy!!??" "How are you, Boy?"
You could've saved us a lot of confusion and named the kid. thanks. *rolls eyes*

9) A book you do not like

The Healer's Apprentice by Melanie Dickerson

10) A song that makes you happy 

Oh so many!!
Let's Get Together by Annette Funicello & Tommy Sands 

Downtown by Tina Cole
So, this isn't the whole song, and I'm not even sure if she ever did sing the whole song. But this small clip from the later seasons of "My Three Sons" makes me happy. *smiles*


11) A movie that freaked you out 

The last Night at the Museum movie. I can't remember what it's called. But I did. NOT. like it. *shudders*

12) A book that made you cry 

Many books have made me sad. But the only one that I've actually cried in is Kathleen's Enduring Faith by Tracy Leininger Craven. 
*sniff* cried myself to sleep, the dumb book -- I loved it! *laughs*

13) A song you listened to a lot when you were younger 

Uh. Everything.
Basically every song I listen to now -- besides some that I didn't listen to. *laughs so hard*

When I was really little (like, before Grandma died) I listened to Cedarmont Kids, plus country music, Alan Jackson's Hymns, Randy Travis's... well... everything, and...  we listened to a lot of music!

Whisper a Prayer by Cedarmont Kids 

And then there was the time when I was "younger" but not "little" (about 13 or so). I listened to Johnny Crawford a lot. (among other things that embarrass LaKaysha *laughs*)

Treasures by Johnny Crawford *dies he's so cute and little*


14) A movie you watched a lot when you were younger 

We watched a lot of things. From Winnie-the-Pooh to The Shadow Riders. *laughs*

me: *trying to think of something for my answer*
brother: "National Treasure"
me: *wrinkles nose* "I remember when that came out." 
(just had to share -- it was funny *laughing*)


15) A book you read a lot when you were younger

The Mandie Series by Lois Gladys Leppard 

Still have a soft spot for those books. *hugs them all*

16) A song that irritates you 

The Paddy-Wack Song by Ritchie Valens. *rolls eyes* Really, Ritchie!?

But what's most annoying is Swingin' by John Anderson. I laugh it's so annoying!

17) A movie that kept you on the edge of your seat

The FBI Story.


18) A book that left you breathless 

To Tame a Land by Louis L'Amour.
It was like -- *SCREAMMMSSS*

And Killoe! (also a Louis L'Amour)
Everything went wrong!!!

****

So there you have it! Did you enjoy it!? Do you like any of the songs I shared!? 
Watched any of the movies!? 

Anyway.

I tag: 

LaKaysha @ Calico and Lace 
Marissa @ Hidden Treasures
Julia @ The Barefoot Gal 

Have Fun! *grins* 


22 comments:

  1. Oh, goodie! I love being tagged! ;) You're answers were pretty clever, sister dear. But you know I'm not a huge fan of Scotty McCreery. ;) Lol but that song is OK. I'll be singing Downtown for the rest of my life, now. Goodness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry. Downtown will be going through my head from now on too. Why do we play our favorite songs so much that we begin to hate them? Seems like we'd be smarter. *laughs*

      Delete
  2. Shenandoah was so depressing. They seriously killed off all the awesome people! It's just not okay. And I used to love the Mandie books too:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know! I mean, they killed off Patrick Wayne, for Pete's sake! That ought to tell you about how horrid it was. ;)

      Delete
    2. Don't forget Katherine Ross! *sobs*

      Delete
    3. Yes, Kirsten! It WAS!!! Why would they kill everyone!? And in the end -- he gets home on his own. dumb movie.

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh, I totally cried in Kathleen's Enduring Faith too. Eventually my family got REALLY tired of me saying "I can't believe they killed Bruce!". :P

    ♥Katie
    www.thekitkatstudio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh!! It was so horrible! I LOVED Bruce! I wanted to marry him! *sobs* Why would they do such a mean thing!? ;P

      Delete
  4. "Lets Get Together" is SO catchy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right!? That's why it makes me happy. *winks*

      Delete
  5. Loved this!
    Shenandoah. That movie. *shutters*
    Awe! Dragon Tails! Shirley Temple! POOH <3

    The FBI Story was very "edge of your seat".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad. so glad. *laughs*
      I know. *shudders with you*

      That it was. *winks*

      Delete
  6. October Baby is probably one of my all time favorite movies too <3 it's so good. I think I've probably watched it like 4 times already? haha
    I loved reading this post! It was interesting to hear about new things.

    -autumn
    Autumn's Readings + Writings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love October Baby! And don't ask how many times I've watched it. I have no idea!! At least 10 or something, idk. *laughs*
      I'm glad you enjoyed it!! <33
      Thanks so much for the comment!!! :D

      Delete
  7. I LOVED this! Good answers! ;P <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha that's cool that we both picked Debbie! I was like, who am I like?? Oh, I'm kind of like Debbie! ;) Like how she imagined riding off into the sunset with a movie star- I'd probably fantasize about something like that,even if I didn't think it would happen. ;P It WAS quite a cute book! :D Johnny is the best! <3

    We used to have those movies with the cat and worm. ;P Oh and Barbie movies! *Whispers* I can actually still enjoy them, lol. Well, some are kind of cheesy. ;P

    Ooh, I read all the Mandie books when I was younger! Those were so good. ;)

    Yep, enjoyed as usual! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was cool, too! :D I have imagined things like that many, many times. *blushes* You finished it!? IT'S SO CUTE I COULD DIE!!! Oh yes. Johnny is the best. <3

      The Richard Scarry's videos!? We still have them! Well. Not all of them. But the VHS tapes I grew up watching we still have. ;P And, yes! I still enjoy Barbie movies. The older ones -- like Barbie of Swan Lake. *dies* such great memories! I used to have two Barbie movies, and LaKaysha had one. :)

      I used to hate reading, then I got "forced" into reading Mandie books. (without my sisters shoving books under my nose I'd probably still hate reading ;P) I still haven't read the whole series. Most of them, but not all. I would borrow them from Marita, and she only had a few. Then I'd grab whatever the library had sitting on the shelf, cause I didn't know how to put things on hold. Some I got for gifts.
      I did read the last one, AND the collage one. ;P

      So glad!! =D

      Delete
    2. Yes, it was really cute! :D And the cover is SO lovely!

      I think we still had some up until we didn't have a VHS player anymore. ;) Yea, we watched a lot of them! Barbie in the Diamond Castle is one I like. And like Rapunzel, and The Twelve Dancing Princesses... ;P

      Oh yea. It's sad that there isn't any more after that collage one. We don't get to see what happens to Mandie and Joe... :( ;)

      Delete
    3. Isn't it!!!???? *squeals*

      Oooh!! Rapunzel!! <333 I haven't watched that one in forever!!!

      I know!!! I used to make up my own stories. And of course they get married! *laughs*

      Delete