Tuesday, December 13, 2016

The Merry and Bright Tag

So, a year ago tomorrow, I did The Tag of Happiness. It was the first time I had ever been tagged for anything and I was tickled-pink. It was such a fun tag that I thought I'd do something like it this year. Only more Christmas-y. My sister came up with the name.
Here it is - The Merry and Bright Tag! *grins*

Favorite Movies to Watch at Christmas Time:
It's a Wonderful Life (1947)
~
Holiday Inn (1942)
~
The Shop Around the Corner (1940)
~
Meet Me in St. Louis (1944) -This isn't really a Christmas movie, but I love the Christmas scene. <3
~
An Avonlea Christmas (1998)
 
 
Some Christmas Songs that make me want to Sing:
 
 
 Merry Christmas Strait to You by George Strait
~
Christmas Time's A Comin' by Sammy Kershaw
~
Oh Holy Night by Celtic Woman
~
This is My Prayer by Reba (McEntire)
~
Let it be Christmas by Alan Jackson
~
Last Christmas (don't ask me why, it just does)
~
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time
~
Happy Christmas (War is Over) by John Lennon
~
Do you Hear What I Hear
~
Jingle Bells by Frank Sinatra
~
Dasher with the Light Upon his Tail by Kitty Wells
~
Christmas Like a Lullaby by John Denver
~
 Christmas for Every Boy and Girl by Clint Black
~
Jingle Bell Rock by Brenda Lee
~
Pretty Paper by Randy Travis

Some Books that I love in the Winter:

Winter is Not Forever by Janette Oke
~
Spring's Gentle Promise by Janette Oke
(I always read the third book to the series around Christmas and then I need to read the rest, so I read this book too *winks*)
Some Christmas Goodies that Make me Smile:
Mocha Truffles
~
Candy Canes
~
Shortbread
~
Ham Dinner
~
Old Fashioned Candies
~
Cookie Dough Truffles
~
Seasonal Milkshakes at Burgerville
~
Special Coffee's from Arrow Head
~
Mint Tea
~
Hot Apple Cider

Some Christmas-y Words that Make me Happy:

Snow
~
Lights
~
Merry Christmas
~
Cold
~
Tree
~
Village
~
Music
~
Candy
~
Smiles
~
Gifts
~
bells

Some things about Christmas that are Awesome:

Christmas Cards
~
The Christmas Radio station
~
the lights in the tree
~
wrapping Presents while listening to the radio
~
picking out a Christmas Tree as a family
~
getting together with family
~
wearing warm sweaters
~
hearing the bells ring in town

Favorite Christmas Memories:

Getting up really early, then going downstairs with my brother and making sure we don't see the stockings because we might know what was in them. Then we'd play checkers and such for hours while we waited for the rest of the family to wake up.
~
Driving by the Christmas tree in Y-ville (can't think of anything else to call it, but not say it's real name) in the dark and listening to Felicity's first Ricky Nelson CD for the first time. The song playing was "It's Late" and when he sang "look up" I did and there stood the tree - sparkling in the night. <3
~
Crammed in our van, looking at Christmas Lights on Christmas Eve - my favorite was the one that told you what radio station to tune to and it did it to the music!
~
Each being aloud to open one gift Christmas Eve night.
~
Closing our eyes while my parents handed us our stockings - then when we'd open them we would inform them that "this isn't my stocking!" so we'd close our eyes again while they switched them. *winks*
~
loud and crowded gift opening in Grandpa and Grandma's living room (or family room - depending on where they set up the tree)
~
Grandpa's voice as he read us the Christmas story. Each year I close my eyes while he reads it and I'm a kid again. <3
~
visiting my aunt and uncle for the "Stenersen Christmas". We made "towns" on the back patio with rocks and chalk. We each had a stocking with our names on them (wish I still had mine), and we got glow sticks. I chewed on mine and in the middle of the night we realized that our bed was glowing, my hands were glowing, and my mouth was glowing! Colten listened to a tape every night, I remember not being able to sleep on the couch and counting the nights to when it was our turn to sleep on the bed. And I "played cards" with Laban and Dustin! (such sweet memories of those boys) and we believed every word Tyrel told us, no matter how crazy it was.(like there was a secret world under Chuck-E-Cheese *winks*)

Some Random Things that make THIS Christmas Amazing:
(of course, this Christmas isn't over yet - but so far...)

Wearing my brother's coat/sweatshirt around the house because it's so cold
~
So many Christmas CD options (we have collected a lot over the years)
~
The warm fire in the living room - guys, it is cold outside
~
Snow Ice Cream - and eating all the dirt too *winks*
~
Walking around in the snow while chatting on the phone - and freezing my hands off *winks*
(yep - we got some snow!)
~
watching "Father Knows Best" with my family as the Christmas lights shine around us



Guidelines:
Take the banner and put it in your post
List as many things as you want in each category
Make up more categories if you'd like
Tag as many people as your heart desires!
 
I tag:
Michaila @ Mic's Room 


Enjoy! And Merry Christmas!!

P.S. My next post will be post #100!! *claps* 

14 comments:

  1. I'll have to check out the Christmas movies you listed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are good! =D
      "An Avonlea Christmas" is pretty sad though. ;P

      Delete
  2. Christmas is a very special time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed! :) wasn't I smart to come up with such a brilliant name?
    I'll get around to doing this sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That you were ;D
      You'd better do it before Christmas! ;P

      Delete
  4. I was wondering how I'd be able to do this (because of my count-down posts), but I realized I could do this tag AS one of those. =D Perfect. ;)

    Oh, it sounds like you have a lot of great Christmas memories! :)
    I wish my family was more festive. We just aren't so much. I'll have to get some more Christmas movies to watch. ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that works! I was wondering how you would work it, too. You're clever. ;P

      Yes, I have wonderful Christmas memories. I have so many it was hard not to put a million. ;P
      The only Christmas movie that I've actually watched this year was "Holiday Inn". I really want to watch "The Shop Around the Corner" and "It's a Wonderful Life" before Christmas time is over. =D

      Delete
  5. Christmas is such a fun time of the year!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a good idea for a tag! :) And it brought back memories reading through this post! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! =D Really? Like the trip to Tri-Cities? I love the memory of that. <3 Makes me miss those "1-2-3 Cousins" of ours. ;D

      Delete
  7. Looks adorable! Hopefully I'll be able to do it before Christmas *now has 2 tags*. THANK YOU <3
    -Mic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And you're very welcome!
      That's alright if you don't get around to it. :D

      Delete