Wednesday, October 5, 2016

A Bedroom at Last!

When we moved into this little house, built in 1948, we moved in with the knowledge that we would need to sleep in the living room, and someday build a bedroom in the garage. Where in the garage? At first we planned to have it in the back of the garage - with the back room my dad's shop and the front of the garage be for storage. Then we decided that the bedroom should be in the front and make the back a family/game/hangout room - and the back room still the shop.
When my dad decided to go into the woodworking business, he needed a bigger shop than just that back room, so he built and shop where the "family room" was going to go.
Soon he needed an even bigger shop! He said he'd move into to front of the garage, and we could have the back as a bedroom and the back room as a closet.
When he and my brother emptied out the back room - Felicity said it looked big enough to be our actual room. At first I was like, "What!? Are you crazy!? Do you know how much stuff I have?"
But we decided that we would have the back room as our room - leaving the whole garage for my dad's shop.
So, my dad and brother built a floor. And we found some random paint laying around and began to paint. We mixed paints and came up with pink for the walls, white for the ceiling, and gray for the floor. (The floor turned out kind of a blue, but I figured it would do that).
And soon we were moving in! =D

Guys - I have all my stuff where I can get to them!! My books!!! <3

Well, there you have the "history" of our garage bedroom! :D I'll be doing more posts as we get more moved in - and decorated. We still need shelves for all our books and such. :)
I am enjoying having a place to go when I need time alone. That was especially helpful when we were babysitting six of my little cousins.
Our first night in our bedroom, it was my turn to take care of the "baby".
Jubal is actually two years old, but is like an infant. I fed him his bottle and my sisters went to bed. I walked the bedroom with him. (I was so thankful for a bedroom to walk ;P) At eleven I fed him the rest of his bottle and got him to go to sleep. I put him between me and my sister in our bed, and I fell asleep around eleven-thirty. And that sweet little boy slept till five-thirty!! =D That's a good night for him. ;)

17 comments:

  1. I'm excited for our bedroom! It's so big and quiet! And we finally have one we can decorate... someday ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! Congratulations on a new room!!

    oliviakfisher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love my new room! Love the quiet, and the privacy, and I can't wait to actually decorate it and all that :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 I love it too! I can stay up late, and the only people I keep up is you two, sisters ;P

      Delete
  4. Awesome! It'll be fun to see more when it's complete. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, the pictures I use when we are moved in aren't very good. I just snapped them before we went to bed one night - on my little camera. ;P I'll take better pictures for my next post.
      I don't know when my dad will get around to building the shelves, or when we'll start decorating it, but I'm loving having a bedroom - and a bed that's not on the floor, or in the living room. ;P and for now on I'll be sleeping in the same spot no matter what week it is ;P

      Delete
  5. Love it! Just knowing you girls have a bedroom, makes the whole house seem much bigger!:) Daddy and I are so happy you girls have a bedroom now! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a beautiful bedroom! SO nice of your daddy to make it so nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is beautiful! (I just realized that I didn't put a picture of the wonderful door my dad made - next post) It was so nice of him! And I love him for it ;P

      Delete
  7. All that waiting was worth it, right? Now you can really appreciate it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a blessing! And SO nice!

    ReplyDelete