Saturday, August 20, 2016

Nineteen at the Ranch: Day II

Just in case you missed the first day: Nineteen at the Ranch: Day I

Colten, Marita and Emily hopped into Colten's pickup - started their hour drive to town and our second day began. They were simply "running" to town to fix Grandpa's four-wheelers, get water, and some milk. While they were gone, us girls (that were left behind) went on a short four-wheeler ride. I drove first, with LaKaysha behind me. The four-wheeler that was making our drive rather dusty had Felicity, Kaysha, and Marissa on it. :) Have you ever drove behind another four-wheeler? Well, let me tell ya, you sure don't wear those sunglasses because it's sunny (not that is wasn't sunny ;P) - it's to protect your poor eyes from all that dust.


After our ride, we went in the house to just sit and relax. And it sure is easy to relax up there. I'm just at home at that wonderful place! I didn't grow up with that place as my home as Marissa and Marita did, but I still love it! :) We sat in the living room, checking on the boys every once in a while. They walked all around outside. At one point someone looked out the window and said, "Aww!! Boys are just so cute!" Naturally, we all hopped up to see what these "cute" boys were up to. They all huddled together in the back yard, making a bow - we found out later. (the below picture - aren't they just adorbs!? ;P)

I was so curious - what time will Kirsten, Laban, Shiloh, Gavin, Gabrian, Lando, and Cody get here? So I went up to the loft, and out onto the deck. Maybe, just maybe, there will be service up there.
No such luck.
So I head to the top of the hill outside. "Ohh! Three bars!" But, the minute I click "send" the phone is like, "Just kidding."
Back in the house I'm like - "We're gonna have to call."
So, LaKaysha calls Kirsten from the Ranch phone. Only, it doesn't have long distance - and it's fuzzing, so she was like, "Call me back... Hey, Kirsten! Call me back!! I'm hanging up now! You need to call me back!"
She hangs up the phone, "She probably won't call me back."
But Kirsten was smart. ;P And soon the phone rang. They were already on the road, and should show up around noon.
It was a short conversation, but we found out what we wanted to know. ;P
When Colten, Marita, and Emily walked in, we were like, "Hey! So. We were thinking that we'd  go down to the river for a picnic lunch!"
So, they next minutes were filled with people running around. Changing into swimsuits, filling the cooler with our sub stuff, and writing a note for Kirsten's "gang" who were due at any minute.
I'm out on a four-wheeler, waiting for my riders, and....
"Hey! They're here!"
So, Kirsten skips down the hill, with her dog not far behind. We told them about our plans for lunch, and they joined us!
The boys forded the river to the deep spot and went swimming after lunch. While we sat in back of pickups, waiting. We had only been there for not even a full day, so I wasn't comfortable leaving my brother down at the river quite yet. (the poor thing had three "mothers" ;P)
 Once we were back at the house, the boys took off on the four-wheelers - all four were working at that moment. I can't say I remember exactly what we girls did - probably just sat around the house, checked on the boys, chatted, and straightened up. :) Every so often flagging a boys down for one reason or another.
At one point, it was discovered that one of Grandpa's four-wheelers was broken - like the frame snapped. So we were flagging down all the boys till we had all of them back at the house. And we asked, "Who did it?" After some detective work they figured out that the frame was already half broke, so it just couldn't stand the driving around - it is an old four-wheeler! ;P Wasn't really anyone's fault.
The boys decided that they were going to go back down to the river to wash up a bit - 'cause, let me tell ya, they were DIR-TY! So, after supper, we told them not to die while they were down there, and off they went.
My mom called the Ranch house while the boys were gone, so I chatted with her for a while. In the meantime, we girls were all getting our showers done, just chatting. ;)
When the boys got back from the river, Roger got his guitar out, and started giving Lando some pointers. (Lando had his dad's guitar) While the boys listened - eyes wide. :) Soon Gavin had his fiddle out, and they started making beautiful music! They started out with some hymns, then Gavin asked if someone could get Gabrian to play his background while he played some waltzes and jigs. Those were amazing!! =D  Gabrian got off the four-wheeler he was riding on, sat down, played without saying a word, and when he was done - he was back outside. That boy is quiet! ;P




Lando, had heard the song "Seminole Wind" (by John Anderson)  once, and was plucking it out on the guitar, just for fun. Soon Roger and Gavin were learning it, too. It took them hours and hours, but after only hearing it twice, they played the whole song for us! Talk about shivers! =D




And they ended with some hymns - "Amazing Grace", "Come Thou Fount", and "Be Thou my Vision". :) By the time they were done playing it was midnight! Us girls crawled into out outdoor beds and just lay there - listening to the boys chat and laugh inside the house. Kirsten and Emily sat up and watched the meteor shower again, but I was way too tired after that long day, and not getting much sleep the night before. I actually slept like a baby that night! =D

Watch for my next post: Nineteen at the Ranch: Day III

*All videos in this post will only play if YouTube is NOT blocked on your computer*

9 comments: