Tuesday, May 24, 2016

My Life in May


 
 What have I been doing this month? I honestly don't know if I remember! :D
 
My two aunts, Marissa and Marita needed a change, and wanted that change to be their hair. One Sunday (it was actually Mothers Day :P ) we decided to chop all the dead ends off, then they would get it done again later in a salon. The below picture is of my sister cutting all Marita's dead ends off... ended up taking like six inches off -- her hair was that dead! Then they both got bobs and their hair highlighted, so that sure was a change! :P But I love both of their hair! It kind of makes my hair look dull... especially since my sister also got her hair cut and highlighted. :)
 
 
 
Well, enough about my aunts life, and back to mine.
I took my sister's yearly pictures! This is the first time I've ever done it, and it was kind of scary. ;) But I think they turned out quite nice. :)  Maybe one of these days I'll post them... if Felicity lets me. ;P
 
 
 
At the beginning of this month, my cousin (click here to view her blog) turned eighteen! So, my older sister and I picked her up, and went to "town". It was once my "hometown", but now I moved to another "town". (they are both the size of your thumb ;P) We went to the library, which was once a sheriff's office. (I've always thought that was cool) Outside the library there is a tree that gets lit up at Christmas time (thus, we call it the "Christmas Tree" ;P) and around it are benches. We sat down on one and ate some snacks. Then we walked down the railroad tracks. That was fun. We also found an adorable sign beside the tracks with the town's name on it. I lived there most of my life and never knew it was there! That's how much we go on the tracks. :P But, really, it was the coolest thing!
Then we went to an ice cream shop in my "new hometown" and treated ourselves. :D I've been craving I've cream ever since. ;)
After the ice cream shop we came to my house and had a "tea party" under the tree in our front yard. (the picture at the top is from then)
 
 
 
 
 
What have I been doing lately? Well, I finished school up this week. And now I can focus on planning our camping trip this weekend! There will be eight of us heading out to our church campout on Friday, and one of my cousins who doesn't live here will be meeting us there! I'm super excited! I've been needing a change in my life. But now that summer is here (because I am done with school), maybe life will get out of the rut that I've been feeling it is in. I am a shy person who loves people, so this campout is just going to awesome! -- I hope so, anyway. :) We went shopping for clothes the other day. Now, we just have to go shopping for the food! :)
 
My sister babysat an adorable "baby" for a week! Sadly, he had to go home today. :( But I'm told that he'll be back. He was such a joy to have around! :) My youngest sibling is eleven, so it's been awhile since we've had a baby in the house. ;) Just having him around made our days go by faster and now we don't know what to do with ourselves!  ha, ha!
 
We are now on the fifth season of Hogan's Heroes, then we will only have one more season left! Eek! -- At least I own the first one. ;) Even if the second is better. :) I love old shows! <3 But I've already said that on this blog. ;) This show really makes me laugh out loud! And I don't normally like comedies! But this one is awesome! My favorite characters are Newkirk and Carter... I'm not even sure if you care about that, but I told you anyway! :P ;)
 
A Daring Sacrifice by Jody Hedlund is finally sitting on the library shelf with my name on it! All I have to do is go pick it up. :D Since I still need 30 hours of drive time, I'm sure my mom will ride with so I can drive there. :) Then I can finally read that book. I've been waiting awhile for it. Let's just hope it's as good as I'm imagining! :D  
 
Not sure when I will be getting my licenses. Like I said, I still need 30 hours, and it may take I while for me to drive that much. But I'm hoping I will before I turn seventeen in October. I'm actually hoping to get them this summer, but we'll have to see if that happens.
 
The weather here has been crazy! Raining one minute and sunny the next! But I've really been enjoying the rain. :) I know that the more it rains in the spring, the less the chance there is of a drought this summer. I really can't stand a lot of heat. And we don't have AC! :) I hope the weather is good for our camping trip. My sister said she just knows we'll either burn to death from the sun or our tent will float away in a flood! ha, ha! Maybe both will happen! Our weather changes its mind a lot. ;)
 
Well, that's my life! ;) Hope you enjoyed! I was going to post more pictures but our computer is acting dumb, and I want to get this posted. I have pictures of the railroad tracks and stuff... oh, well. :)
 
~Daminika~
 

9 comments:

  1. I love your hair! I do not think it is dull at all! I love how you come with so many different hair styles to do!! I enjoyed the update and pictures! Your pictures are always so fun to see :D AND I am missing that little guy like crazy!!!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your top picture- those are some pretty teacups. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you all have a wonderful time at the camp out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wasn't that fun: going "out" for my birthday? Hopefully we'll have fun at the campout even if we float away or burn. :P I heard it's supposed to be like 70 degrees so hopefully we'll be good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed! Psh enjoy your long hair! I've wanted it my whole life but as you know I wasn't blessed with healthy hair ;) Why oh why did you have to post that pic, I look preggo! Sisters LOL Maybe someday I should do an update on my life but I seriously can't remember anything I've done... scrubbed a 'few' toilets??

    ReplyDelete
  6. God's blessings! I pray your time at the campout is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete