Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Makin' Memories... Wedding Memories!

 
And what beautiful memories they are! I was nervous about serving the bridal table for no reason! It was fun! ;)
    The Sunday before the wedding, my sisters and I went to Kaysha and Roger's duplex and helped with the decorations. That was fun, but I was really tired by the end of the day. ;)



Kaysha and Felicity spray painted the flowers
 
The guys helped too :D
 
    The rest of the week was busiest for my sister, Felicity (Click here to view her post about the week), but it sure felt busy for me. :D I didn't help with the wedding again until Thursday night when we went down to decorate the church. I helped with the bridal table, then steamed table clothes... that took the rest of the night and we didn't get them all done! My back hurt from it that night.
    Then, Friday was rehearsal, and me, my sister LaKaysha, and my cousin Emily wanted to go. We were kinda counting on Colten (Emily's brother) to bring us, so my mom dropped me and LaKaysha off at their house after lunch. That way we would be there when Colten got home from work and we wouldn't be as late as we would if he had to pick us up. Rehearsal was at six and we didn't get there till almost seven, but we still go to see them do it all once. :D Down in the basement, we started helping with all the last minute things, like flowers, cleaning up the Rehearsal dinner, putting the unused decorations away, and stuff like that.


Getting ready to do it once more ;)
     
    Emily spent the night at our house that night, so we didn't get to bed till pretty late. But the I couldn't sleep! I was too excited for Kaysha, and nervous about serving, and was so overly tired, I was awake... if that's even possible ;) But I did sleep, some.;)
     The next morning, we got up early, Felicity left, and we began to get ready. The wedding was at four, but we had to get there at three-fifteen. But, because of the early start, we were all ready at twelve! So we got pretty bored. ;) We took pictures and tried our best to pass the time. Finally two-twenty came and I asked my dad if it was okay if we went even earlier than planned. He said to go for it, so we did. ;) The whole way down I was really nervous! The closer we got the more my stomach did flip-flops! :D I don't know why I was so nervous and excited. ;) Then we got there.
     We went into the kitchen and asked what our job would be once we come down from the ceremony, and we were free to do what ever we wanted. Sort of. ;) Marita did the flowers, and it turned out that she was one Bottineau short, so we put flowers in Emily's hair so that she didn't feel left out. (I still have mine pinned to the curtain in my room) We took the bouquets into the nursery where the bridal was, and ended up being in there for awhile, holding the flowers, while they all did last minute touch up. It's been a long time since I've seen a bride before her wedding (I think I was five). Kaysha looked so nervous, and everyone was trying to stay calm for her. She was beautiful! :D Finally I had to hand off the bouquets I was holding to someone, and we left the nursery to find a seat. Kirsten came and sat with us when she got there.
     The whole time we sat there I Had to tell myself to calm down, and not to cry. ;) I'm not sure why it was so sad to me that Kaysha was getting married, but it was. Thankfully No tears fell, and I didn't have to worry about serving them while crying. ;)  When the family walked out, so did I. With LaKaysha and Emily behind me.
     Then we served. I was shaking a lot at first, but then it was not only easy, but fun! :D But, I did dump ice on Calvin's plate... Oops! I was pretty embarrassed at first, but he said it was alright, and I believed him. ;)
     Once the serving was done and they were married, I was so happy! I could hardly see straight I was so happy. ;) We didn't get to eat much because they were decorating the car and we wanted to be there, but that's okay with me. ;) Then we just had an amazing night! We didn't do much that was amazing, but everyone was so happy, so, therefore, it was amazing! :D :D
     It was just all in all the most amazing weekend of my life! :)

Well, here are some pictures from it:





The day we've been waiting for! :D
 

Emily helped me with my hair :)




LaKaysha curled Marissa's hair, and I put half-up :)

 I got pretty bored with so much time before we had to leave
So, I took pictures of our shoes...I was the only one who
wore boots!
 



Me and Marissa :D


All ready!:D




hehe! ... yeah, we were bored ;)





We took a polaroid picture with my camera :D
Taking pictures of a picture can be hard;) 





At the wedding. This was taken while they were decorating
the car... I'm weird, I know ;) 



Us with Kirsten! :D :D

 
I think Evelyn thought Kaysha was Cinderella ;)
She kept hugging her and even gave her some flowers



Kaysha hugging Felicity bye...
 
 
The Beautiful Bride!!! Too bad Roger was moving, but I was kinda just snapping pictures, not really paying attention to what I was taking. ;)
(The flowers in Kaysha's hand are what Evelyn gave her)
 
 
 
Well, hope I didn't blab too much ;)
~Daminika :D

7 comments:

  1. The wedding was beautiful! And I am so happy you all enjoyed your day! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and ALL you girls looked so beautiful!!! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of Marissa putting on her necklace! And Kaysha is SO beautiful in that last one! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Felicity is right!! I love that picture of Marissa too!!! And you are ALL SO BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was going to take a picture of my outfit for my 'fashion Inspirations' page. but never got around to it... all well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It WAS a nice wedding, you all were beautiful and did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the pictures! Beautiful! Emmeline keeps wanting to see her, "Evelyn friend", so I can't look much at the rest of pictures, lol.

    ReplyDelete